Centre of Excellence in Sportech
Wool Research Association has been designated as Centre of Excellence for Sports Textiles and allied products as lead partner duly supported by consortium partners viz. Veermata Jeejabai Technological Institute (VJTI), Mumbai and M/s. Kusumgar Corporates, Mumbai. VISION
To become a world class leading service driven and research based international technical textile association to serve the textile industry in general and Sportech sector in particular.
• To build a complete institution that supports high quality research and product development on sport textiles for the growth of textile industry in India.
• To provide a platform for the industry where they can develop new products, upgrade their existing products and provide them pilot scale facilities for product development and technology transfer.
• To provide work class facilities for testing of technical textile materials as per the relevant international standard test methods and to develop new test methods which are not available
• To encourage and assist new entrepreneurs in the sports textile sector by providing support in project planning, execution, technical knowhow, production and various aspects of management.
• To organize training programs from time to time for the technical and managerial staff of the sports textile industry to meet t he requirements of the industry.
• To organize workshops, seminars and conferences to impart/transfer the knowledge to the industry.
• To impart education in technical textiles to the students of various universities /institutions so that they are ready for the technical textile industry.
• The basic objective of Centre of Excellence is to provide infrastructure and facilities at one place for the convenience of the manufacturers of sports textiles. COE facilities will motivate potential entrepreneurs to explore and invest into the emerging business.
• To provide such facilities, it would be necessary to establish suitable laboratory, product, process & prototype development facilities, sample bank, competent manpower, training facilities, incubation centres, etc., in the identified sector of Sportech.
• The purpose of COE is to provide facilities to the entrepreneurs in one hand and the suitable products to the users on the other, so that (knowledge based) T.T., sector develops with Government support and initiative, till this value added sector stands on its own feet to survive and thrive, subsequently having an impact on textiles industry and economy of the country.
• Conceptually, the COE would offer its facilities, knowledge, research support, HRD, consultancy, etc to serious entrepreneurs who would venture into this emerging technology.
• Incubation of new ideas into practical tradable products, dissemination of information through workshop, seminar, etc also will also be within the activities of COE.
• Producer of raw material and accessories of Sportech products.
• Consumers like sports person, sport bodies, sport lovers.
• Manufacturer industry of Sportech
• Government sports Management Authorities
• All stake holders
Problems to be addressed
• Product vis-à-vis market
• Many of the sportech products are highly specialised requiring extensive R&D.
• Synergy of raw material, product & process development, conformity to strict spn, matching the life of integrated system.
• Appropriate TQM, TQC, RFT, RET, Poko-Yoke System, Source Inspection, etc.
• Non-availability of classified or restricted norms, directives, standards wrapped with trade secrecy.
• IPR, Sanction of Technology Regime
• Trained manpower.